Mango pickle, no flame cooking
Though still early summer, I got some green, unripe mangoes because of the dust-storm and rain. Some unripe mangoes fallen by the storm are now in my Punjabi mango pickle, cooking in the sun with the drumstick pickle! It is Ayurvedic, Vegan, no-flame cooking, and safe as a kids’ cooking project.
Ingredients for Mango pickle:
- Deseeded, green, unripe mango: 2 large, washed, dried and cut into one inch pieces.
- Mustard Oil: 1 tablespoon (Not refined is better)
- Mustard powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 Tablespoon
- Red Chilly powder or flakes: 1/4 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds (Methi): 1 teaspoon
- Moti Saunf seeds: 1 teaspoon
Mix all ingredients and put in a glass bottle with a tight lid. Let sit in the sun for 7 days. Shake the bottle once a day to mix the juices well and let the sunlight work on it.
Store in the kitchen at room temperature and serve with meals.