Why buy tree saplings from State forest Department Nurseries
For an Art of Living, ‘Volunteer For A Better India’, tree plantation activity in the monsoons this year, we went looking at nurseries, and found UP Forest Department’s Nursery at Sector 18, Indiranagar in Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh, India) to be the best place to buy tree saplings from:
- They have a large, well-kept stock of tree saplings.
- Saplings are available in different sizes: 1 year old or older.
- The staff grows and handles tree saplings with great respect and care.
- From 20 to 1000 plants of the same kind are easily available.
- If you need large numbers of the same tree sapling and do not find them in one nursery, never mind. There are several nurseries in a single district. Check with them and pick up your stock immediately.
- The variety they have is amazing! We found fruit trees:Jamun, Bel,Jungle Jalebi, Tamarind; and flowering trees: Kanak Champa, Dhak/Palash, Kaner, Sindoora, Harsingar, Kachnar, Tecoma. We found medicinal trees: Peepal, Bargad, Pakaria, Casuarina, Sal, Sagaun, Jacaranda, Neem, and many more.
The list of saplings is available with the Nursery Incharge. Visit the place and take your pick.
Unfortunately, the UP Forest Dept. Website does not give a list of nurseries. Please visit their office to get further details.
If you want details for Forest Department Nurseries in Lucknow, please send an email to email@example.com